Puffed food has the characteristics of diversified products, high preservation rate of nutritional components, convenient storage, the broad applicability of raw materials, high utilization rate, and no pollution. Expansion technology is divided into extrusion technology, microwave expansion technology, frying expansion technology, airflow expansion technology, baking expansion technology.
The twin-screw extruder is produced by the LEADER microwave equipment company. It makes full use of the raw and auxiliary materials to provide healthy, nutritious, and new puffed food, suitable for different populations in the intensive processing of cereal starch, facilitating the food industry’s production.
1. The side forced feeding technology is adopted in the twin-screw snack extruder, which increases the integrity of the material and increases the output. The feed port’s position and shape also have a significant influence on feed efficiency, under the same parameters, the feed area increases, and the output increases.
2. The twin-screw extruder has a self-cleaning ability. Because the two screw sleeves are intertwined together, the contact part forms a continuous spatial curve with uniform crevice. With the synchronous rotation of the two, the spatial curve moves and shapes the self-made effect between the screws. Simultaneously, the adhesive on the surface of the other thread is cleaned up to ensure the characteristics of the non-residual material.
3. The kneading of the kneading block can stir the material internally. By increasing the number of kneading blocks of the twin-screw expander, the kneading times can be increased, and the kneading quality can be improved. With the increase of the kneading area’s internal pressure, the kneading resistance increases, the kneading becomes more intense, and the kneading quality is obviously improved.
4. The thread engagement of the international advanced co-rotating twin-screw machine realizes the equal-clearance involvement, which significantly improves the screw’s performance and processing capacity of the screw, and widens the application field of the screw.
5. The double-screw extrusion machine has strong adaptability. For materials with high viscosity required to be processed at a low shear rate, a shallow screw type screw can be used. Materials need an operation at high shear rates or high screw speeds to improve the quality of extrudate and increase yield, deep slotted screws are more suitable.
Twin screw extrusion machine is suitable for:
Suitable for twin-screw extrusion equipment with a wide range of raw materials, such as corn, sorghum, rice, wheat, and buckwheat, etc. The expanded raw material, which is then ground into powder, can be used as a mixed powder to improve the sense of cooking. It can also be used as a binder of food, tackifier, a binder of cast sand, tackifier of weaving and dyeing industry, and raw material of floating bait.
Principle of twin-screw extrusion machine:
The double-screw extrusion machine pushes the material through the screw sleeve, and the kneading block is used for mixing the raw materials. The efficiency of the raw material and the kneading quality is one of the important indexes to measure the screw’s performance. The screw sleeve principle pushing the raw material in the cylinder is similar to the nut twisted on the bolt. Compare the pin to the screw and the nut to the raw material. When the bolt is rotated, one condition is that the nut is rotated with the bolt without advancing or retreating; the other case is that the control nut does not move, and the rotating bolt will drive the nut to move forward or backward. When the screw is rotated in the barrel, the friction force between the barrel’s surface and the material causes the material to move forward.
The twin-screw extrusion machine is a device with the functions of heating, mixing, crushing, shearing, compression, molding, expansion, drying, and so on. In the food industry, the twin-screw extrusion machine has become an indispensable machine in the manufacturing engineering of raw material recombination and product homogenization. Compared with the single screw extrusion machine, the twin-screw extrusion machine has been widely used in the food industry because of its superior productivity and mixing property.